Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My New Favorite Place ---- MY KITCHEN!

I know I know, it may sound silly that I'm saying that MY KITCHEN is my newest favorite spot. You'd think....this chick wrote a cookbook and loves creating new dishes, shouldn't her kitchen always be her favorite spot to be? Well yes and no. I do love being in my kitchen. Dishing out family recipes, creating my own and trying my new favorites from cookbooks and magazines. But at the same time, I LOVE LOVE LOVE trying out new restaurants. There is nothing better than finding that little unknown hot spot that you can share with your friends. Or even that bakery that's been a gem for years and you are just barely coming across it.

Well lately I've been back in my kitchen making my lunches in between cleaning up pureed green beans that went all over my pajamas that I'm still in at noon when my daughter sneezed while putting the spoon to her mouth. (Yes...happens more than you'd think). Anyways, I am currently in love with the Black Bean and Chipotle Gardenburger. They are soooo delicious! Oh and I'm obsessed with tomato and mozzarella salads too! For lunch yesterday I toasted a bun then added fresh cut tomatoes, sprinkled with salt and pepper a top crisp green leaf lettuce and grilled black bean burger. As a side I cut up the rest of my juicy tomato, added some mozzarella cheese and drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Rice Vinegar, Cumin, Garlic Salt and Pepper..... DELISH!!
(you're drooling right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment